Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Who has the time??



Ahhhhh!!! So it's almost 9 pm and guess who's just now getting around to her blog? That would be this lady, right over here. Last week the blog didn't even get written. Why?  It's very simple...as much as I love to present myself as a working mother that has her ducks in a row and my life together, it's just not true 100% of the time. Kids get sick, I get sick, I run late, I over schedule myself, and sometimes it just all catches up with me. 



So how do we solve this problem??? I have not a clue, but I'm trying to work it out!! I've been reading some other parenting blogs that have some great time management tips.  Here are a few I've found that I'm going to try to put in to practice:

    1. Take an extre few minuets in the evenings to get everything you need for the next day prepped and ready.  Clothes, food prep for meals, and your kiddos things too.  
    2.  Don't over commit, it's okay if you can't bake cookies for the bake sale, drive the carpool, organize the next fundraiser, and run the neighbor hood watch all at once. Saying no is hard, but necessary sometimes.
    3.  Make time for the fun stuff, don't put fun family time or an evening with friends off because you have housework to do.  The dishes will be there tomorrow, opportunities to make memories with loved ones may not. 

Clearyourstress.com has several great articles about balancing work and family, as well as other time management tips.  Check it out! 

Crystal Drye
NC PreK Assistant




No comments:

Post a Comment