Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Life, New Opportunities



On December 15th, I was blessed with my fourth grandchild, Braylyn Lake Honeycutt. It was so exciting to see my son and his wife have their first child. I took a minute to ask them what their hopes and dreams were for their precious Braylyn. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebg0MX_z378&context=C32e3211ADOEgsToPDskLhrmSP0fP1JuatWuBQh_E2
They want her to have everything she needs in life, be healthy, and become a good person.

As I reflected on raising my five children, something that I had heard years ago came to mind. The Greatest Gift You Can Give Your Children is a Strong Marriage! This young couple will find that giving this gift will be the most challenging of all and statistics prove it:

Of all children born to married parents this year, fifty percent will experience the divorce of their parents before they reach their 18th birthday. (Fagan, Fitzgerald, Rector, “The Effects of Divorce On America)

The best advise I can give my son is to ensure that they make their faith the cornerstone of their marriage, have a regular date night and protect their couple time together at home. This will not be easy as little Braylyn becomes the center of their world, but all of the effort they put forth will pay off in having all of their dreams for her come true!

Norma W. Honeycutt, Executive Director and Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment