Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Will You Remeber?

Growing up my Mama always tried to make memories for us. Taking us on walks, rolling down hills, playing in piles of leaves.  I have so many vivid memories from a very young age, my first being when I was 18 months old and being at Rowan Tech. having my picture made with my "Baby Boy" baby doll and wearing a red dress, I was chewing Juicy Fruit gum and remember sticking it out between my lips. That is only one of many random things that I remember from my early years. I have many Kindergarten memories from Sacred Heart, like having to stand in the corner because I hit Zack while we were on the playground. I remember that Charlotte had her tonsils taken out and when she returned to school she sounded different. I recall going to Staci's birthday party and playing in a playhouse in her back yard.

All of these are random pieces of information that take up space in my brain, it is no wonder I can't remember something that my employer asked me to do two days ago. But my point is this all of these random useless memories that I have from my younger years make me smile and make me happy. So the next time you are with a child at home, or in the classroom what memories will you help to create for them to recall and smile about when they are older?


Deborah K. Howell, Assistant Director

No comments:

Post a Comment