Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Monday, August 22, 2011

A Journey of HOPE continued

When we hold our newborns it's hard to fathom ever sending them out into the world.  Eventually every parent must say good-bye as a precious son or daughter starts college, joins the military, gets married, or moves into their first apartment.  Letting go can be a painful moment, but also one full of hope.  

On Friday Michelle blogged about her little girls transition to kindergarten and I want to follow up with my youngest sons transition to college.  You may remember my blog a couple of months ago when I talked about his ADHD and all of the struggles throughout his school career.  There were many years that I never thought I would have the opportunity to drop him off at college.  Through a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, not to mention many prayers, our hope became a reality yesterday.  Me and my husband dropped our son off at college.  It was bitter sweet!


Micah and dad hooking up the printer in his dorm.
My son is now an adult, moving to this new stage of life.  He will face pressures, frustrations, and disillusionment.  His freedom to make decisions without asking me or his dad permission means the consequences are also his.  Is he ready?  According to the calendar he is.  All I can do at this point is to pray and continue to hope that the love and faith we have raised him with has made a difference when he needs it.  

These days the verse (Philippians 1:6) will see me through.  If you are struggling with a child with special needs and gripping to hope.  Hang on to that grip tight, don't let it slip away.  There is HOPE; if you don't believe it, just ask me.  


Norma Honeycutt, proud mother

No comments:

Post a Comment