(Cutting the 60th year anniversary cake)
This years conference marks 60 years of a dedicated group of early educators that came together to form the North Carolina Kindergarten Association to "promote the professional growth of its members, to increase community understanding of the kindergarten child and to work toward the attainment of standards established by the state department of public instruction."
This past weekend we had the great opportunity to go to this amazing conference. We got to recharge our batteries and pack our brains with great info to bring back to our classrooms.
Some of the great classes I got to take were:
- How Poverty Can Change the Brain and 25 Things Teachers Must Do.
- Building Positive Relationships is CLASSy
- Giggles & Wiggles! It's Circle Time.
- What is a Child's Identity Composed of?
- Creating a Foundation for Healthy Social Emotional Development
Along with all these classes we got to hear a keynote from Dr. Becky Bailey who is an award-winning author, renowned teacher and internationally recognized expert in childhood education and developmental psychology.
We had a great time and we cant wait to get back in the classroom, see our children and start teaching the new things we learned!