Salisbury Autism Support Group at Ryan's Restaurant on Nov. 3
Last Saturday morning, I joined friends for a casual breakfast here in Salisbury. It was an occasion for our Salisbury Autism Support Group to come together, enjoy each other’s company, exchange information and share our success stories. Here are a few things I learned:
• Khalil likes to run off his meal immediately after he’s finished eating• CJ is a food stealer
• Parents report that this academic year is getting off to a fairly good start
• If CJ has Jell-O, then it’s almost certain that Robbie will have to have Jell-O too
• Three months ago, Khalil wouldn’t say a word to me. He’s talking to everybody now----including me!
• If CJ gets bored-----no problem---He’ll just borrow his mother’s phone and play a game or two
This is a great group of people----awesome individuals----wonderful, loving families. I encourage you to join us some time. Actually, we’re planning to do breakfast again sometime soon.
Katherine Generaux, Community Inclusion