- Identify types of fun physical activities.
- Children and adults engage in physical activities for 60 minutes each day; 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Decide when to play together.
- Choose one or two activities to participate in each day; talk a walk after dinner. Make it off on a calendar and mark off each day as you go.
- Determine your fitness goals and keep track of them.
- A 30-minute walk each night after dinner followed by dancing to your child's favorite CD in the living room. Then, the next week increase time spent walking and pick up the dancing pace a bit.
- Maintain your plan.
- Get active; have fun, eat healthy.
One of the best things you can do for your children today is to help them develop the knowledge and lifestyle habits that will help them live happy and healthy lives tomorrow.
Michelle Macon, Program Coordinator