Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Friday, July 22, 2011

Household Chores...Where do I start?

How do I get organized and get my home and family life under control? Where do I start? Well…Take it one step at a time. Make small goals to accomplish on a daily basis. Your children may ask, “Can I help?” Before you respond, you are thinking, “The chores would go faster if I just did them myself, but I believe that with some intention and mindfulness on my part, I can achieve a healthy balance between the speed tasks are accomplished and the valuable teaching moments that including the children provides.


So…when it comes to children helping with chores; “let your hair down” and just let them help. Allowing children to help gives them a level of responsibility that builds their self-esteem, character, and help children learn practical life skills.

Michelle Macon, Program Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment