Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Monday, May 9, 2011

Another Successful Conference!


Saturday was a wonderful day in more ways than just the weather!  We had our 3rd annual Special Needs Mini- Conference.   It always warms my heart to see families connecting with other families.   I would love to tell you more, but will leave it to the comments from families and providers. 



What did you enjoy the most?
  • I thought I would be bored, but I wasn’t!
  • Excellent Presentations
  • Great advocates for some disabilities
  • Meeting people with the same challenges as I have.
  • Met wonderful people
  • I really knew nothing about Down syndrome so the workshop helped me learn things, that will help me help children with Down Syndrome.

 What will you change/do as a result of the conference? 
  • Watch for contributing factors of child behaviors and analyze them and address them appropriately.
  • Promote more music opportunities to express feelings and promote positive self-esteem.
  • Becoming an better advocate for children in our early childhood center, educate parents to become advocates for their children with or without disabilities. 
More pictures of the conference on our Facebook page.

Norma W. Honeycutt, Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment