- Subscriptions- Kids love to receive mail, and there are many high quality magazines, as well as activity box subscriptions that will come right to your door.
- Classes- Dance, karate, pottery, whatever your child is interested in, find a class in your area and surprise them.
- Have a "Yes" day- Designate one day to be a "Yes" day, when no reasonable request will be denied. Roller skating, doughnuts for lunch, blanket forts in the dining room-why not!
- Events- Tickets to sporting events, the movies, the circus, the possibilities are endless.
- Memberships- Memberships to clubs, local children's museums, (did you know there are 2 within driving distance of Salisbury??) or the zoo are gifts that children will be able to use throughout the year, and will be fun for the whole family.
- Day Trips- Choose three of four options, picking apples in an orchard in the mountains, fishing at the lake, or spending the day at a water park, and let them choose which trip to take.
- An Activity Box- Spend an hour putting together one or several activity boxes for you and your child to do together, Tinker boxes for your little engineer, or a box with a new recipe and ingredients for your aspiring chef will surely be a big hit. Pinterest is overflowing with ideas for these.
- YOUR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION- Put your cell phone away, turn off the television, and play a board game, read a book, play basketball, or just talk with your child. The greatest gift you can give them is your time.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
8 GREAT gifts for kids that AREN'T toys
Posted by Crystal at 6:19 PM