Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Inclusion Works!

 Below is a wonderful email from one of our staff/parents.

Last night at a high school football game, Konnor saw a teenage boy with Down syndrome. As the boy began to talk my two year old son looks at me and says "Mommy he talks different than me?" I asked him "why, yes he does." without skipping a beat he replies back to me " Mommy at my school they let us play with kids who are special, like XXXXX and XXXXX, mommy and they really not so different than me." This brought tears to my eyes to know that I have chosen a center that teaches my child that its okay to be different and that there is nothing wrong with being different. A lady sitting in front of us heard him talking and turned around and asked me what school he went to and I said PROUDLY Partners in Learning.  I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has had a impact on my son's life and taught him just because we don't look the same and learn the same doesn't mean that we're different.  
All our love, Cassie & Konnor




No comments:

Post a Comment