Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Monday, June 24, 2013

"Every Child Needs A Champion"

Good afternoon readers. I am beyond excited to begin blogging for Partners In Learning. I have to say that writing has always been a passion of mine as well as my job, and the opportunity to blend the both of them was unbelievable. I began working at Partners In Learning in January of this year, my experience so far as been phenomenal. We will get back to that however let me first introduce myself. My name is Rob and I am 21 years old. I am a college student pursuing a bachelors in communications and never in my wildest dreams did I believe I would work in child care. But when the opportunity presented itself I thought of what an amazing adventure that would be. I am blessed to say I was not wrong.
 I am currently working as a full time teacher for Partners In Learning's Seussical Summer Camp. I would be crazy to attempt to convey my love for my job through this post, so call me crazy. As a child care provider I have seen and experienced some of the most powerful moments of my life. I look at my kids everyday and wonder how I will impact the person they become. There are good days and bad days and some days that just seem like you've given all you can and have no more, but somehow in the midst of the hugs, and cards, and those special moments when you see a child growing right before you're eyes you realize how lucky you are. I am proud that I get to spend my days with children helping them to become better at whatever challenges they face. There could never be an award that means as much as it does to walk into my classroom and see their smiling faces. I believe Rita Pearson said it best when she said that "every child needs a champion" someone who will believe in them with limitless faith and push them to achieve more. This summer has already been so memorable and knowing my kids, there will definitely be more in store for the adventures of our Seussical Summer. This is one blog that will make you laugh and cry, so don't miss it.

Until next week,
Rob Gay, Child Care Provider

No comments:

Post a Comment