Some of the reasons offered for the narrowing gap are:
• Fewer men are smoking these days
• Women are more likely to become obese
• Men are more vigilant about seeking care for cardiovascular issues
• Women typically demonstrate fewer warning signs of cardiovascular distress
• Men are also more likely to seek treatment for high blood pressure and high cholesterol
The county in America that reports the highest longevity for men is Marin County, just north of San Francisco.
This is my dad on his 90th birthday. He lives in Sonoma County, just north of Marin.
Katherine Generaux, Community Inclusion Director