Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Monday, February 21, 2011

A week in the life of a parent with a child with special needs


As I was trying to schedule some sessions this week, I realized how difficult it must be for the families of children with special needs.  Below are two emails from two of our families that we serve.  Can you imagine?  We need to support these families that are doing everything possible to help their chld succeed. 
I read your email early this morning but was not able to reply at that time.  Let's get in the make up time next week.  I will come out to the center one time if that is ok with you.  Here is my schedule for next week.  It is pretty much open and flexible.  Monday is Shelby (Speech Therapy) is coming at 1:45.  Tuesday morning I have a doctors appointment with my husband. After that Tuesday is clear.  Wednesday is our time at 1:00 (play therapy). That same day I have occupational therapy at 3:45 (at Salisbury Ped's).  Thursday Shelby (speech therapy) is suppose to come back in the morning.  That afternoon and Friday is also clear.  - Parent of a child with autism


So the schedule could work like this for the week:  - Parent of a child with Downs Syndrome
Monday: Open
Tuesday: Physical and Speech Therapy
Wednesday: CBRS in the classroom
Thursday: Speech Therapy
Friday: Occupational Therapy in pool with Beth  


No comments:

Post a Comment