Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TIME MANAGEMENT: GETTING IT ALL DONE IN LESS TIME

Sometimes I lay awake on Sunday nights, contemplating everything I need to accomplish during the upcoming week. Like you, I wear many hats: professional worker, teacher, student, wife, daughter, mother, grandmother, volunteer etc. There is always too much to do and not enough time. For strategies that address these challenges, I offer the follow suggestions:


• Do not postpone important matters that are unpleasant. Jobs rarely get more pleasant by being postponed. Do it now!

• Do difficult jobs first, when you are at your best. Look after minor jobs when you are tired.\

• If you have several phone calls to make, do them all in a burst.

• When you start a piece of work, try to finish it without interruptions. If you have to finish it later, you will lose time picking up where you left off.

• Ensure that you have given yourself sufficient time to complete individual tasks, taking into account your daily interruptions.

• Learn to say ‘No’.

• Monitor how you use your time, and make conscious changes in your behavior.

• Stress and fatigue are rarely caused by the things you have done, but by the thought of what you haven’t done!

http://www.tsuccess.dircon.co.us/timemanagementskills.htm


Katherine Generaux, Community Inclusion Director

No comments:

Post a Comment