Partners In Learning Blog Team

Partners In Learning Blog Team
Blog Team

Monday, January 31, 2011

Partners In Wellness

Can you believe it - It's almost February!  I wonder how many people made the decision to live a healthier lifestyle?  Did you?  Are you still living up to your resolution?  Below is one of our staff member's story:

All through my childhood and as a young adult, my parents taught us to eat healthyColleen and be active.  I was never allowed to eat sugary snacks, sodas, or even eat fast food fare (not that there were many).  We were always outside playing or involved in something physical.  I continued this healthy living style for over 30 years and then....What happened?  60 pounds later and not feeling well most of the time, I decided that I needed to get back to a lifestyle of health and fitness.  Three years ago, after 8 months of eating well and exercising every day, I was once again healthy and felt great.  What happened?  Now, 40 pounds heavier and once again not feeling well, I am now accepting the challenge to be well for life!   I can feel the change in my physical and mental wellbeing. I have changed portion size, choose healthier foods, and have increased my physical activity.  I have learned to be proud of what I have done, be supportive to anyone who is struggling whatever it may be. Not to beat yourself up if you blow it but to just get back on track. Taking little steps at first are much easier than BIG GIANT strides and surprisingly the little changes you make, whatever they may be, to live a healthier lifestyle that works for you is your success. For me, I know my choices determine my experience!  Good Luck and God bless everyone in their efforts to be your BEST SELF!  Colleen Carman                               

No comments:

Post a Comment